Telemedicine involves the delivery of healthcare services using electronic communications, information technology or other means between a healthcare provider and a member who are not in the same physical location. Telemedicine may be used for diagnosis, treatment, follow-up and/or member education, and may include, but is not limited to:
- Electronic transmission of medical records, photo images, personal health information or other data between a member and a healthcare provider;
- Interactions between a member and healthcare provider via audio, video and/or data communications; and
- Use of output data from medical devices, sound and video files.
The electronic systems used in the Ready Digital Service will incorporate network and software security protocols to protect the privacy and security of health information and imaging data, and will include measures to safeguard the data to ensure its integrity against intentional or unintentional corruption.
Possible Benefits of Telemedicine
- Can be easier and more efficient for you to access medical care and treatment.
- You have the ability to obtain medical care and treatment at times that are convenient for you.
- You can interact with providers without the necessity of an in-office appointment.
Possible Risks of Telemedicine
- Information transmitted to your provider(s) may not be sufficient to allow for appropriate medical decision-making by the Provider(s)
- The inability of your Provider(s) to conduct certain tests or assess vital signs in-person may in some cases prevent the Provider(s) from providing a diagnosis or treatment or from identifying the need for emergency medical care or treatment for you.
- Your Provider(s) may not able to provide medical treatment for your particular condition via telemedicine and you may be required to seek alternative care.
- Should there be failure in technology services, there may be delays in your medical evaluation or treatment.
- Security protocols or safeguards could fail causing a breach of privacy.
- Given regulatory requirements in certain jurisdictions, treatment options recommended by your Provider(s), especially pertaining to certain prescriptions, may be limited.
By accepting this Consent to Telehealth, you acknowledge your understanding and agreement to the following:
- I have read this special Consent to Telehealth carefully, and understand the risks and benefits of the use of telemedicine in the medical care and treatment provided to me by Providers through the Platform.
- I give my informed consent to the use of telemedicine by Providers.
- I understand that the delivery of healthcare services via telemedicine is an evolving field and that the use of telemedicine in my medical care and treatment may include uses of technology not specifically described in this consent.
- I understand that while the use of telemedicine may provide potential benefits to me, as with any medical care service no such benefits or specific results can be guaranteed. My condition may not be cured or improved, and in some cases, may get worse.
- I understand that a Provider may determine in his or her sole discretion that my condition is not suitable for treatment using telemedicine, and that I may need to seek medical care and treatment in-person or from an alternative source.
- I understand that the same confidentiality and privacy protections that apply to my other health care services also apply to these telemedicine services.
- I understand that I have access to all of my health and wellness information pertaining to the telemedicine services in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
- I understand that I can withhold or withdraw this consent at any time by emailing Ready Digital with such instruction. Otherwise, this consent will be considered renewed upon each new telemedicine consultation with Providers.
- I agree and authorize my health care provider to share information regarding the telemedicine exam with other individuals for treatment, payment and health care operations purposes.
- I agree and authorize my Provider to release information regarding the telemedicine exam to Ready Digital and its affiliates.